Diabetes is a chronic condition in which your body does not properly process food into energy. It prohibits your body from either making enough insulin or from using it as well as it should, which causes your blood sugar to rise. While living with diabetes is complicated on its own, it can make your daily life even more difficult by causing other serious health complications including heart disease, kidney failure, blindness, and lower-extremity amputations. However, if you are one of the 25.8 million Americans who has diabetes, it can be comfortably managed. You can receive care in the comfort of your home. Keep reading to learn about how home health services can help manage your diabetes.
5 Ways Home Health Services Can Help Diabetics
- Help you understand your disease and how it can impact your overall health and well being.
- Monitor the disease and teach you how to properly conduct self-administered blood sugar tests.
- Help you maintain a proper diet and exercise so you can reduce your diabetes symptoms and start living a healthier lifestyle.
- Manage all of your medications, not just your insulin.
- Help you effectively communicate with your physician.
These are just a few of the many ways home health services can help diabetics. If you’re looking for the best home health services to help manage your diabetes, look no further than All County Health Care, Inc. Our professional staff works with patients and physicians to provide quality home health services that meet the medical and personal needs of each patient in a compassionate manner. Contact our Medicare certified home health agency today!